A journey into colours, the interplay of light and water, and time, in one of the most beautiful, but as yet undiscovered (thankfully!) corners of Greece, the Southeast corner of Laconia, specifically in the intriguing fiord of Gerakas, arguably the most well hidden natural port of the Mediterranean, which simultaneously constitutes a rare water nature reserve of great beauty and immense ecological interest.
In recent years, Gerakas has indeed enjoyed a newfound popularity, becoming quite cosmopolitan as one of the most frequently visited destinations by both small and large yachts. However, those kind of short visits have neither spoiled its natural charisma, nor the beauty of its mainland. The latter is comprised by the lagoon where the sea path ends up and through the secret entrance of the fiord, just under the ancient castle of Zaraka, extends inwards, like a river flowing towards its source.
But ‘’words often fail us’’ say those who ardently believe that brevity is the soul of wit. Neither the area at large nor the place which hosts the meetings-seminars for life enhancement and soul cleansing every year at Porto-cadena for a few selected (10-15 individuals/group), need any boastful advertising. Some images, though, through photographs taken from friends and visitors at different instances are enough to convince anyone of what we have just described above.
The Program has duration of 7 days: from Monday until Sunday. The first and the last day are dedicated fully to the transportation. The remaining days are allocated to the activities of the Program as follows:
Arrival at Gerakas in Laconia
Tuesday until Friday
Body & Soul Experience Program 6 hours daily, 3 hours in the morning/ 3 hours in the afternoon
Each session lasts 1,5 hours
1 day trip to Archaeological Sites and Locations of Great Physical Beauty and Interest in the Area of Southeastern Laconia (Peloponnese)
(Indicatively: Mystras, the Fortress of Monemvasia, Kastania Cave, Elafonisos)
Body & Soul Experience Program (The day of the day trip (Saturday), the Body & Soul Experience Program will be slightly different.)
PROGRAM AVAILABILITY FOR 2018:
APRIL 16 - 27 , MAY 7 - 25 , JUNE 4 - 30, JULY 1-15, SEPTEMBER 17-30, OCTOBER 1-21
- Accommodation is ensured in Porto-Cadena at the Port of Gerakas, in modern, traditional-style residences (fireplace, internet, air-condition etc.), which can host up to four people each one.
It is worth mentioning that there is a Health Center able to provide hospital treatment in a distance of approximately 25 kilometers from Gerakas.
There is a taxi service in the area.
Tags: Hospitality, Accommodation, Hotel
- Accommodation in a room for three or more people: 1.459Euro
- Accommodation in a room for two people: 1.604 Euro
- Accommodation in a single room: 1.808 Euro
The cost of participation includes the following:
- 3 hours daily (1,5 hours in the morning and 1,5 hours in the afternoon) sessions of group counselling and psychology, self-development and psychological uplift (Soul Experience)
- 3 hours daily (1,5 hours in the morning and 1,5 hours in the afternoon) program of physical well-being Pilates or/and dance therapy or/and yoga (BodyExperience)
- 6 nights at the Hotel Porto – Cadena
- Full board (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- Transportation from Athens (Athens International Airport Eleftherios Venizelos) to Gerakas and from Gerakas to Athens (Athens International Airport Eleftherios Venizelos)
- One day trip (Saturday) to tourist attractions, archaeological sites and nearby destinations
- Escort responsible for organisation and safety issues throughout the whole Program
IN CASE THE RESERVATION IS ACCOMPANIED BY THE PAYMENT IN FULL OF THE PARTICIPATION COST IN THE PROGRAM 3 MONTHS BEFORE ITS BEGINNING, THERE WILL BE A DISCOUNT OF 10% OFFERED.
The nutrition includes 3 meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
Breakfast will be served at the hotel premises and as far as lunch and dinner are concerned, Anima Travelling ensured the cooperation of the most famous gastronomic unit in the area, which borders Porto-Cadena and specializes in the Mediterranean Cuisine (recommended by trip advisor). All the products used are from local cultivations of biological origin, whereas the fish and the seafood are fresh and are fished from the owners of the restaurant ´´Diamantis´´ themselves.
It is worth mentioning that the land of Laconia is known since the ancient years for the variety of its herbs, the olive oil, its oranges, lemons, tomatoes and its dairy products coming from local farms.
The restaurant ´´Diamantis´´ can respond to the needs of Vegetarians, Lacto Vegetarians, Flexitarians (Pescetarians&Pollotarians), Vegans & Raw Vegans.
Tags: Nutrition, Gastronomy, Biological, Vegan, Vegetarians.
- Responsible for Personal Development Program Soul Experience:
Eugenia Sarigiannidi — http://www.psy-counsellors.gr/
- Responsible for the Wellness Program (Body Experience): Nathalie Menegatou — http://www.thesecretplace.gr/
- Responsible for the accommodation and hospitality:
Stavroula Tsavala— http://www.portocadena.gr/